lunes, 7 de octubre de 2013

REMAKING LONDON

Last Friday I attended the launching of a friend's book. I was soooo tired after the express trip to Paris the day before but I find very important supporting friends with their success. The presentation was in the University College London (UCL) in Gower St. The tittle of the book is "Remaking London; decline and regeneration in urban culture"and Ben Campkin the author, provides an stimulating historical account of urban regeneration, exploring how decline and renewal have been imagined and realised at different scales; he focuses on present-day regeneration areas that have been key to the capital's modern identity. Can't wait to read it!! For the event as I was running late I didn't have time to think on what to wear (as usual) so I wore what I did while working at home that day.
Love, Daniel
-------------------------------------------------
El viernes por la trade asistí a la presentación del libro de un amigo en el University College London (UCL) en Gower St. Aunque me encontraba cansadísimo después del viaje exprés a Paris del día anterior, me acerqué un rato ya que es súper importante apoyar y estar cerca de los amigos o gente que admiramos en los momentos importantes ya que destrás de cada éxito hay muchísimo trabajo y esfuerzo. El libro se titula "Remaking London; decline and regeneration in urban culture" y en él Ben Campkin trata sobre la regeneración de toda clase de barrios en la ciudad que se han convertido en referentes culturales de Londres; cómo la ciudad se reinventa y recicla para sobrevivir y sacar partido incluso donde no hay recursos. Como iba corriendo y un poco tarde a la presentación, no tuve tiempo de pensar en qué ponerme, así que me fui con lo que llevaba ese día de trabajo en casa.
Love, Daniel

Look.7
Old Burberry Coat (regalo de Álvaro), Cheap Monday jeans, Marni handbag, Daniel Cerdán top, Marc Jacobs bracelet, Nike Vortex trainers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario