lunes, 30 de julio de 2012

SPITALFIELDS LIFE

It is very well know how much I love London and how in love I am with East End in particular with Spitalfields, the neighborhood I used to live. When I moved to Spain forwork last year, I discovered www.spitalfieldslife.com, a wonderful web where The Gentle Author writes about the history of that wonderful and kind of secret place in London. Whe the book came out I was so excited (I love better things I can touch and smell) and just last month I had the honor of meeting The Gentle Author in and exhibition and he signed the copy of the book I got right there. The book is cosy, beautifully ilustrated and full of people telling their stories. People from one of the poorest areas in the city that has recycled itself through the efforts and the illusion of which there have grown or have just simply fallen there by chance. Get your book and enjoy the web :)
Well done Gentle Author ;)
Daniel
------------------------------------------------
Muchos ya sabréis que soy un enamorado de Londres y sobre todo del Este en particular Spitalfields, el barrio donde vivía cuando me vine a vivir aquí. Cuando me mudé a España el año pasado por trabajo, descubrí la web www.spitalfieldslife.com donde The Gentle Author escribe sobre las histórias menos conocidas sobre el barrio y las generaciones que lo han habitado durante décadas. Cuando salió a la venta la versión en libro de la web me alegré muchísimo ya que siempre me gusta mucho más disfrutar de las cosas que puedo tocar y oler ;)
El mes pasado, en una exposición, tuve el honor de conocer a The Gentle Author y no dudó un segundo en firmarme mi libro de Spitalfieldslife :) Un libro maravilloso, entrañable, con ilustraciones maravillosas y lleno de historias contadas por gente que ha vivido en una de las áreas más pobres de Londres y gracias a su esfuerzo y de los que allí han llegado, han conseguido levantar un barrio que hoy en dia se puede sentir orgulloso de ser uno de los más inspiradores de la ciudad. Disfrutad de la lectura :)
Love, Daniel

1 comentario:

  1. Hola, te he dejado un regalo en mi blog, espero que te guste:)
    http://alamodamarimer.blogspot.com.es/

    ResponderEliminar